5 Ways You Can Pamper Yourself Even If You Only Have 5 Minutes
by: Aesha Adams Roberts
Imagine. . . it's your weekly visit to the salon to get your hair done. You also decide to treat yourself to a mani and pedi and a wax. It's not every day that you get to have a "spa day" and you're in the mood to feel fabulous.
When you're done, you grab your favorite drink and head over to the book store for some peace and quiet. You are alone. And you love it!
When was the last time you were able to pamper yourself like this? Maybe your "me-time" got eliminated when you had to cut back the budget. Or you're a busy wife and mom, and you have to lock yourself in the bathroom just to get five minutes alone to yourself. The only books you're reading these days have titles like "Goodnight Moon!"
Me-time is usually the first thing to go when life gets chaotic but that's the time when you need it the most. Getting enough rest makes you a better date, a better lover, and a better mommy!
Don't feel guilty for wanting to pamper yourself. You are worth it. And you don't have to wait until a bad break up or the kids are away to do it either. Here are 5 of my favorite ways to pamper myself even if I only have 5 minutes (you can do it while you're locked in the bathroom, hiding from the kids).
1) Spa-at-home with Young Living's Peppermint Essential Oil. When I get a tension headache I like to put 1 drop of Peppermint Oil on the back of neck and 1 drop on my shoulders and hop in the shower. Afterward, the tension is gone and I'm left with a tingling feeling that improves my mood and concentration.
2) As a mommy with young kids who do not sleep through the night, I haven't had 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep in over a year! Since I can't increase the quantity of sleep, I focus on the quality of sleep. I use Young Living's Lavender Oil. 1 drop on my temples, 1 drop on the bottoms of my feet and a dab under my nose and I fall asleep quickly. I also put it on my kids–and their teddy bears–to help the fall asleep faster!
3) I LOVE coconut oil! It's my secret weapon for losing so much weight after the baby (I gained over 50 pounds during my pregnancy! I lost 35 pounds in 6 weeks and I'm now a size 10–I was a size 8 when I got pregnant!). I cook with it, put it in my smoothies, eat it off the spoon, and use it as a moisturizer for my skin. It's one of my favorite ways to pamper myself on a daily basis. Just make sure that it's Organic, Extra-Virgin coconut oil, like this brand
4) A diffuser is one of my secret weapons to lift the mood. As a wife and mom, I'm responsible for the atmosphere in my home. I like to diffuse oils that make me and my family peaceful. Young Living's Peace & Calming essential oil blend is one of my favorites!
5) On the days life is especially stressful, I use Young Living's Stress Away. It's a fun little roll on that I apply on my wrists. I keep it in my purse and diaper bag so I can reduce stress anytime, anywhere.
Go ahead, lock yourself in the bathroom! All you need is five minutes to feel fabulous.
As busy women, wives, and moms, I know how hard it is to find time for yourself. That's why, just in time for Mother's Day, I'm giving away a Radiant Skin Gift Set: Young Living's Sensation Hand & Body Lotion and moisturizing wand. Sensation contains an exotic blend of jasmine, ylang ylang essential oils and more.
Mary said, "Sensation is DIVINE. It really improves your mood and is great for your libido."
Kathy said, "I love Sensation! It is such a beautiful smell and is great to add romance to your day."
All you have to do to enter to win is answer the following question in a comment below:
What is your greatest challenge in finding time for yourself? What would your life look like when that challenge is removed?
Answer the question in a comment below and you'll be entered in the drawing for the Radiant Skin Gift Set!
I'll pick a winner 5 PM EST today, Monday April 30th!